Effective Date: July 2, 2018
● Information You Provide
We collect information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Services, make a reservation (even an abandoned or interrupted reservation), rent our equipment, create an online account with us, provide information to one of our sales coordinators at an equipment rental location, speak with one of our representatives by phone, join a Portable AC Rentals membership or loyalty program, sign up for newsletters or our email list, participate in a survey or promotion, request information from us, or otherwise contact us.
The information we collect from you may include, but may not be limited to:
- Contact information, including your name, address, email address, telephone, or mobile number;
- Driver’s license number and jurisdiction of issuance;
- Employer-related information, such as your title and the company’s name, address, and phone number;
- Credit or debit card number or other financial information;
- Portable AC Rental account number;
- Portable AC Rentals loyalty program-related information, such as loyalty program number and points earned;
- Geolocation of any computer, mobile device, or other electronic device used to access the Site or App;
- Information regarding the vehicle or equipment rented and its operation during your rental, such as the geolocation of such vehicle or equipment, or fuel status; and
- Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions.
We may also collect certain health information from you as necessary, such as when you ask us to accommodate a disability (e.g., by provision of hand controls), or if there is an accident and we need to work with insurance and claims management companies relating to any injury you may incur (“Health Data”).
● Information Collected from Third Parties or Other Sources
We may obtain personal or other information about you from third parties or other sources, and combine this information with the information we collect from and about you through the Services. Such information may include, but may not be limited to:
- Information, including geolocation information, collected through our in-equipment technology or through any other telematics device placed in your rental equipment;
- Information collected through one of our mobile applications;
- Information obtained through reservations that you make through a third party, such as through our network of independent companies licensed to operate equipment rental businesses using the “Portable AC Rental” or “Portable AC Rental .com or Portable AC Rental Corp.” name and business system (“licensees”);
- Information obtained through transactions you complete with us or our licensees, including options you take, charges you incur, and any incidents or accidents that may occur;
- Information about your credit history or other publicly available information about you from consumer reporting agencies; and
- Any other information obtained through companies that have business relationships with us, such as our licensees, affiliates, and business partners.
We may also obtain information about you from other online sources, including when you connect with Portable AC Rental through its official corporate pages on third party social networks (such as Facebook) or the “apps” on those pages. This information may include, but may not be limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. We may combine this information with the information we collect from and about you through the Services.
● Information Automatically Collected
For example, we may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, software version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, geolocation, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services. We also may collect information about your use of the Site or App, including the date and time you visit the Site or App, the areas or pages of the Site or App that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site or App, the number of times you return to the Site or App, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site or App, and other sites that you may visit.
We may also use third party cookies and other technologies to support our Services, provide services on our behalf, facilitate business transactions on our behalf, or provide relevant advertising to you. Some of these third parties may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies on our Site or Apps, which may send them some of the above-referenced information.
● Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Site or App require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or App, or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
● Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Site and App, as well as information collected from other online sources or from third party sources to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Services.
Portable AC Rental may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To validate, confirm, verify, and track your reservation or rental (including to process payment card transactions, or to contact you about your reservation or rental);
- To enhance your online reservation experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site or App, and make the reservation process faster and smoother;
- To communicate with you about your membership or status in one of our loyalty programs;
- To develop new products or services and to conduct analysis to enhance current products and services;
- To review the usage and operations of our Site or App, and improve our content, products, and services;
- To recognize your online activities over time and across different websites and devices;
- To provide you with customized Site or App content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, App (including geo-targeted advertising), or via email, telephone, text message, or by mail;
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Portable AC Rental or on behalf of our business partners, licensees, and affiliates;
- To contact you when necessary;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To address problems with the Services, or our business;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site, App, and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
Additionally, if you use the Site or App to connect with third party services you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
Portable AC Rental may disclose the personal information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- With our affiliated companies and licensees bearing the Portable AC Rental or including subsidiaries of such companies;
- With our third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us;
- With our agents, licensees, and other companies that assist us in providing a reservation or rental-related services to you, including, but not limited to, making your rental reservations; providing you with customer assistance; processing and/or confirming your transactions; providing you with the services you requested; assessing creditworthiness; billing and collecting any amounts owed in connection with the rental and membership(s); or recovering our equipment or any monies due, such as through debt collection agencies;
- With our select licensees, affiliates, and business partners that we believe may have offers of interest to you, including for their own marketing purposes (provided, however, that we will not disclose any Health Data to third parties for any marketing purposes);
- To process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including claims or demands for bodily injury or property damage;
- To respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Portable AC Rental may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at:
Portable AC Rental.
ATTN: Legal Department
6200 Eaton ST
Hollywood, FL 33024
You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from Portable AC Rentals and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Any information you may disclose on our Site or App, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Site, App, or other third-party websites that the Site or App may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas. We reserve the right to remove any posting or content in a posting at our sole discretion.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Site or App to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Site, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site and App visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Your personal information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.
Your Options and ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, or fulfillment of a reservation or equipment rental. To “opt out” of receiving future e-mail marketing messages from Portable AC Rental , you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an e-mail marketing message or update your information on the Account Profile page on the Site. Please allow 10 business days for your request to take effect
To access, review, or update your information stored by Portable AC Rental, you may visit the Portable ac Rentals or Portable AC Rental.Com Account Profile page on the Site, where you can view, update, or change your personal information and update your member profile, password, and associated information. You may also contact your local Portable AC Rentals or Portable ac Equipment Rental branch location to have them update your information in our system.
If you have any additional questions concerning access to or updating your personal information, please contact us at the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Portable AC Rental Corp.
ATTN: Legal Department
6200 Eaton ST
Hollywood , FL 33024